Tuesday, June 16, 2015

A mother's wish.




Dear Daughter,

To say I wish the world for you is not enough. To say I wish happiness for you would not even come close. No my sweet baby girl, I wish so much more for you than those simple statements could ever convey.

I wish for you to always have the inquisitive light that you have. For it to shine through no matter who or what may want to dim it, for fear of something so bright.

I wish for your smile to never be too far from the surface of your beautiful face. I know that it will hide at times, for life has a way of blanketing us with darkness when we least expect it. If you can keep it near the surface though, it won't be so hard to find your way back to the light.

I wish for your eyes to always be wide with wonder. That you may be surprised always by the beauty surrounding us. For there is a lot of it. In nature of course, but also in humanity. I hope you can see the beauty not only in a newborn, but in the aging as well. I trust that you will fill yourself with compassion so that you may spread the knowledge of the surrounding beauty, and that others may benefit as well.

I wish for your heart to be open. I know how hard this one is my sweet angel. For with an open heart, you are subjected to many hurts, but you are also rewarded beyond your wildest dreams. With an open heart, your smile will stay near and your eyes will stay wide with wonder.

I wish for you to believe! Believe in every wild and amazing thing you can. Believe that you can dance in the moonlight with the wood and garden fairies, believe that your lost items are because you somehow angered the house fairies, believe that the sandman brings you happy dreams, believe that humans are inherently good, believe, believe, believe. Never lose the magic my precious one, for are we not magic ourselves.

Laugh, cry, scream, dream, embrace life with everything in your soul my daughter, and life will embrace you.

I wish all of this and so much more for you.

With all my love,

Mom

1 comment:

  1. simply WOW!
    the LOVE & passion you have for your daughter is obvious
    as is the LOVE & compassion you have for your family & friends
    it shines in EVERYTHING you do
    i know we have this talk ALL the time
    BUT, you are awesome! (you being you)
    i am fortunate that i have you in my life as a friend
    the pull of your light has made my darkest days bearable
    and pulled me from many an abyss
    Liz, thank you.
    from the depths of my soul
    where i have no control
    simply, thank you

    @DaveGrigger

    ReplyDelete