Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Divorce diets and dating again

The divorce diet...

I will take this moment to do the whole Surgeon Generals warning...yada yada yada. I don't recommend this diet, cause ya know, you kinda have to get a divorce. Which means that there is a lot of stress, lack of eating, and the whole upheaval of your life. But hey...if you're getting a divorce, this diet is a real thing.

Before The Big D (get your mind out of the gutter), I can admit I carried some extra weight that I wasn't exactly comfortable with. When things started spiraling down, I had trouble remembering to eat. And I walked...a lot. Going for long walks with my pup gave me much needed time away from my stressful reality. Suffice it to say, my clothes finally started not fitting for the right reasons.

Just under three months since I filed and moved, and I've continued to struggle with remembering to eat...at this moment I think I had a few small snacks today, but I'm just not hungry. I have slacked on the walking though. 

This brings me to my point. I was with my ex for sixteen years. He and I never really dated, we just happened. I was eighteen when I met him. I am now thirty four and have carried two children. I have the battle wounds to show for it...and of course no matter how well you keep up with yourself, only so much can fight off gravity and genes. The idea of dating...something I never really experienced to begin with...with this older battle weary body...where's the wine?!?!

I bought a small elliptical to help with the whole lack of walking thing. I'm not one to go to the gym...been there, done that, have the heebie geebies still to this day. Yeah dude, I may be a girl but I don't need you and your inflated muscles helping me out. I got this, you can go back to pumping iron and checking out my ass. Yuck. I got the elliptical so that I could maintain the divorce diet body...and actually tone it. 

When I finished putting it together (yes, I'm handy with tools, and I'm a girl so I have no issue with following the directions) I sent a picture to some friends. One responded with "stress reliever?" To which I responded "and jiggle reliever."

Being single and dating, really for the first time in my life (not that I am yet cause yeah...), means that I want to feel my best. I have a pretty confident personality, but I want to feel confident with the shell too. Well, that elliptical is my gateway to it. 

Watch out boys (when I figure out how to be less of the INFP extreme introvert that I am)!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment